What is ASP.Net MVC?
Well, there are two parts in this question. What is ASP.Net and what is ASP.Net MVC.
What is ASP.Net, quoting.
ASP.NET is an open-source server-side web application framework designed for web development to produce dynamic web pages. It was developed by Microsoft to allow programmers to build dynamic web sites, web applications and web services.
and what is ASP.Net MVC?
ASP.Net MVC implements the model–view–controller (MVC) pattern.
Oh the what is MVC and its benefit?
MVC has 3 parts,
- Model handles the logic for the application data.
Model defined data types and work directory with data.
- The View handles the how data is presented.
Views work with Model to display data.
- The Controller handles user interaction.
Controllers handles programmatic parts, and read data from a view, control user input, and send input data to the models.
There are several benefit in creating your web service in MVC style.
- It gives your code independence.
- It makes your code a lot less complex, complicated, a mess.
- Easier to work in team. Front end coders don’t have to know how data is handled, etc etc.
ASP.Net is a set of liberally backed by features. As of May 22nd 2016, The lasted ASP.Net can be found here https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/webdev/2015/07/20/announcing-asp-net-4-6-and-asp-net-5-beta-5-in-visual-studio-2015-release/
ASP.Net family has lots more than just MVC, which we will cover later.