My note on: what is project and how should we proceed and close project successfully.
A project is temporary in that it has a defined beginning and end in time, and therefore defined scope and resources.
And a project is unique in that it is not a routine operation, but a specific set of operations designed to accomplish a singular goal. So a project team often includes people who don’t usually work together – sometimes from different organizations and across multiple geographies.
The development of software for an improved business process, the construction of a building or bridge, the relief effort after a natural disaster, the expansion of sales into a new geographic market — all are projects.
And all must be expertly managed to deliver the on-time, on-budget results, learning and integration that organizations need.
5 steps in project management.
- Monitoring and Controlling
- Call on right people with clear goal.
- Communication method
- What needs to be bought, subscribe order
- Write all to do (Gannt Chart), Feature, Story, Tasks
- Risk management
- Just do it
- Are assignments OK?
- Is it on schedule?
- Is quality OK?
- All scopes are staying within scope?
- Is initial risk management good enough?
- Check and see if project has 1 come to the end of schedule, 2 complete objectivity.